There are many opportunities for employment with the Mt. Diablo Silverado Council, from seasonal jobs at our summer camps to a lifelong career as a scouting professional.
As a professional Scouter, you can accomplish your current career objectives while gaining the personal satisfaction that comes from making an impact on the lives of young people.
The Council runs a nine-week Boy Scout Resident Camp at Camp Wolfeboro every summer, six seperate weekend Cub Scout Family Camps throughout the year at Camp Lindblad and six weekends of Fall Camp at Camp Wolfeboro at the end of summer. We are always on the lookout for individuals, youth and adults, with a passion for working with other Scouts to join our camp staff.
Why apply for a camp staff job? Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
Why work at a fast food or retail establishment that focuses on sales when you can have opportunities like these that will prepare you for more meaningful endeavors?
To apply for a position on the Mt. Diablo Silverado Council Camp Staff, submit a Camp Staff Application to the Council Office.