The Mt. Diablo Silverado Council would like to thank the following companies and individuals
for partnering with us to help provide a Scouting program to 12,000 youths
in Contra Costa, Napa, Lake, northern Alameda and southern Solano counties.
Supporting the Future
Encouraging gifts to help fund the council’s programs is one of Scouting’s highest priorities. It is one of the best ways to insure that the Mt. Diablo Silverado Council can continue to offer the outstanding programs it now has long into the future and also grow to meet the needs of the youth and communities it serves.
When you make a gift to our Friends of Scouting campaign, you help provide Scouting programs to today’s youth and tomorrow’s leaders. When you give to our endowment, you make a legacy gift for future generations. Click on the links below to learn more.
Stock Gift Transfer Instructions:
Thank you for considering a gift of Stock. Please complete the online transfer form and submit it to your broker and to Mt. Diablo Silverado Council, Sr. Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is required for making gifts of stock. Our Development Department strives to ensure timely recognition of all gifts, appropriate placement and to be sure we honor donor intent.
- The trading companies DO NOT TRACK – the individual donor! The Traders only see the number of shares, the kind of shares and who the broker is that is transferring them to Mt. Diablo Silverado Council. We only know an individual is making a gift of stock if they tell us.
- We need the individual’s name making the gift
- The kind of stock they are donating
- The number of shares they are donating
- The estimated dollar value of the shares
- The approximate date they intend to transfer the shares to us
- We always sell shares immediately to capture the full dollar value of the stock upon transfer (This is a national BSA policy)
- Questions – email Anne.Herriage@scouting.org or phone Anne at 925-674-6154 or Kindy Mann of Merrill Lynch email@example.com or phone 925-945-4838. Kindy and or Matt Gallo will work with traders to process gifts made to our Council.
- Thank you for your gift