This course is designed for adult Troop and Team leaders involved in teaching Scouts the outdoor skills required to earn the Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class Rank; as well as those that lead Scouts in outdoor adventures. Scoutmasters, Varsity Coaches, LDS Leaders of 11-year-old Scouts and their assistant leaders need this course to be considered “Trained”. This course is recommended for adult Crew leaders who run outdoor programs.
The course may be taught over a weekend or as two separate one-day sessions. Working as patrols, this hands-on course uses the Boy Scout Handbook, Guide to Safe Scouting and other materials to teach the following practical outdoor skills.
- The American Flag
- First Aid for Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class
- Hiking Basics, Camp and Pack Basics, Leave No Trace Camping
- Tents and Shelters, Ropes and Lashing, Woods Tools
- Camp Fires and Cooking
- Measuring, Compass, Orienteering and Map Reading
- Animal & Plant Identification
Friday, October 19th, 2018 - Saturday, October 20th, 2018
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Muir - Diablo Sunrise Fall IOLS Training
Camp Fetterman, Brentwood California