This course teaches Webelos Leaders to plan and conduct successful Webelos Den overnight campouts and other Webelos outdoor activities.
Topics covered include:
- Wood tools
- Webelos Scout Outdoor Program
- Fire Site Preparation and Building
- Cooking and Sanitation
- Hiking Techniques
- Activity badges: Naturalist, Geologist, Forester, Outdoorman, Readyman
- Heath Safety and Outdoor Manners
- Campsite Selection, Tents and Bedding
- Flag Ceremonies
- Campfire Planning
- Webelos-to-Scout Transition Plan
Note: Due to changes in the Cub Scout Program planned for May 2015 some content of this course will change. For example: Readyman is being replaced by First Responder. More: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/programupdates
Related training: Hazardous Weather training (required for all tours) is available via eLearning at http://myscouting.org and as a DVD.