The training of youth leaders in scouting is important to promote the growth of the individual youth and a leadership model for the Boy Scout/Varsity/Venture (unit) program. The unit leader is the primary source of youth leader training. As a supplement to that training, the National Youth Leader Training Conference provides youth with a one-week/two-weekend-long experience – a month in the life of a model unit – designed to give potential youth leaders the skills they can use to help their units. The objectives of the conference are to:
- Develop a youth’s confidence and knowledge in leading the unit program.
- Gain working understanding of the resources, skills and methods needed to undertake further Unit leadership responsibility.
- Share ideas and learn from the experiences of other youths from units across the Council.
- Support adult unit leaders in training youth leaders in the unit.
- Reinforce a youth’s relationship with his unit leader and other adult leaders.
- Experience scouting/venturing at its very best.
The Mt. Diablo Silverado Council is pleased to offer two National Youth Leader Training Conferences this year. Participants will learn the same valuable skills, based on the National NYLT syllabus, no matter which of the courses they attend. We hope you will take advantage of one of these wonderful opportunities.
- 13 Years Old Minimum
- Unit Leader’s Approval
- Medical ABC
Saturday, December 1st, 2018
NYLT Summer Reunion
Camp Herms, El Cerrito CA