Year Round Opportunities
- Walnut Creek Open Space Foundation: Work parties most weekends; minimum volunteer age is 14, but can be opened to younger children by prior arrangement with a leader (see link below). Eagle Project opportunities include site prep and planting of native plants, as well as invasive species removal. Other projects depend on scout interest. http://www.wcosf.org/calendar/events.html
- Volunteers of Outdoor California, Trail work and camping. Visit www.v-o-cal.org
- Pleasant Hill Instructional Garden: Work parties on 5/17 and 5/31, 1-4 PM. A troop or Eagle Scout needed to help build a lid cover for the composting system. Additional projects include building an arbor. Please contact Monika Olsen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rodgers Ranch Urban Farm: Work parties every Saturday. For Eagle Scout projects, contact Marian Woodard, email@example.com
Reduce Reuse Recycle
- Rotary Rain Harvesting Project: Get involved with installing rain barrels and other rain harvesting and water conservation techniques. Contact Anne Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Recycling: Help educate the public at large events about what goes in the trash, what goes in the recycling. Contact Anne Baker, email@example.com
- Transfer Station Tours: Ever wonder what happens to trash after it’s whisked away from the curb? Gain an eye-opening glimpse into the world of garbage on these free tours. Contact Anne Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re sorry there is no Cub Scout Day Camp this year. Volunteers are need to help organize day camp for 2018. Contact Michele Poloka email@example.com if you can help.
Briones District Round Table
Round Table is a district monthly meeting typically held the second Thursday of every month at the LDS Chapel 2360 Overlook Drive in Walnut Creek at 7:00 pm to help unit leaders plan and carry out their own program. Round Table is a form of supplemental training for volunteers. The objective of Round Table is to give leaders program ideas, information on events and training opportunities, and an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other Scouting leaders. As a result of the Round Table experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated, informed, and able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts.
Briones District Commissioners
Meeting held jointly with the District Committee typically on the first Thursday of every month 7:00 pm at the LDS Chapel 3776 Via Granada in Moraga
Briones District Committee
First Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm LDS Chapel 3776 Via Granada in Moraga
Life to Eagle Meetings
First Wednesday of every month at the 7:30 pm LDS Chapel 100 North Gate Road in Walnut Creek
Contact Ray Winter firstname.lastname@example.org
Anytime need by Troops contact Bonnie Hazarabedian 925-376-5272 email@example.com
Eagle Board of Reviews
Second Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm LDS Chapel 3776 Via Granada in Moraga
To arrange contact Herb Lederman 925-631-0229 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm LDS Chapel 100 North Gate Road in Walnut Creek
To arrange contact Gordon Bell 925-285-7024 email@example.com.
Eagle Project Review
Monday Evenings by appointment in Moraga – Contact Ed Isely firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm LDS Chapel 100 North Gate Road in Walnut Creek
Contact Mark Paulson 925-212-1451 email@example.com
OA Chapter Meeting
Meeting typically held the second Thursday of every month at the LDS Chapel 2369 Overlook Drive in Walnut Creek at 6:30 pm. Pizza and drinks are available for $3.00. Arrowmen attending for the first time are free.