Scouting for Food 2019
The Scouting for Food (SFF) dates for 2019 have been confirmed.
- Saturday, Nov. 9 – Door hanger distribution (suggested date)
- Saturday, Nov. 16 – Food pick up
More information will be posted soon.
Jim Matthson: 925-408-4065
Andrea Knowles; District Executive: firstname.lastname@example.org
SFF Update – Nov. 29.
90,801 lbs Collected!
Thank you to our 2018 Partners!
A big Thank You to the Scouts of MDSC and their supporters who worked through many challenges to organize this annual “Good Turn”.
|ANTIOCH –JEFFERY WAY||3,779|
|BERKELEY – ST MARY MAG||1,742|
|CONCORD – FARM BUREAU||7,095|
|CONCORD -FOOD BANK||611|
|CONCORD –TREAT BLVD||1,579|
|NAPA -CANV FOOD BANK||5,372|
Don’t forget to log your unit service hours at: https://servicehours.scouting.org/
(Contact your district executive if you need your unit ID for login).
Scouting for Food is an ongoing annual program of the Boy Scouts of America, begun in 1985 by the Greater Saint Louis Area Council and is organized at the local level throughout the country. The year the Scouts of MDSC and their many supporter will work for the annual “Good Turn” Scouting event in mid-November. We will collect the food for five Bay Area Food Banks. The Food Banks will then distribute the food to families in the form of Holiday Food Baskets.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018 for placing SFF Door Hangers (Note: units can choose not to put out the door hangers on Sat. 11/10 and do it another day instead)
- Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018 for picking up food (Note: Food picked up on this day)
- Some additional tips if you have scouts pick up food on 11/17 is to wear a N95 mask and/or to limit their time outdoors, Do pick up in shifts. Drive the scouts in cars (vs. walking) and only get out to pick up food.
Questions: Call Jim Matthson 925-408-4065