2019 Scouting for Food
…. TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE AT ALL TIMES …..
- Contra Costa County: 81,547 pounds; +12.62%
- Solano County: 8,383 pounds; -37.04%
- Napa County: 7,148 pounds
- TOTAL COLLECTED so far: 97,078 pounds; 4.91% Increase
- Note: We only have results by county; not by scout district.
- Saturday, Nov. 9 – Door hanger distribution (suggested date)
- Saturday, Nov. 16 – Food pick up
2019 Door Hangers
Contact your District Executive if you need SFF Door Hangers. Typically the bulk of the door hangers are distributed at the October District Roundtable meetings.
2019 Tentative SFF Collection Sites
- Briones District
- Moraga LDS Church, 3776 Via Granada, Moraga
- Pleasant Hill LDS Church, 555 Boyd Rd., Pleasant Hill
- Diablo Sunrise District
- Antioch LDS Stake Center, 2350 Jeffery Way, Antioch
- Brentwood LDS Church, 1101 McClarren Rd. Brentwood
- Chief Solano District
- Solano Food Bank, 2339-F, Courage Dr, Fairfield
- Herms District
- Hilltop LDS Church, 4351 Hilltop Dr, Richmond
- St Mary Magdalen/School, 2005 Berryman St., Berkeley
- Lake District
- United Christian Parish Pantry, 745 N Brush St, Lakeport
- United Methodist Church, 15833 Armstrong St Middletown
- Meridian District
• Danville LDS Stake Center, 655 Old Orchard Dr., Danville
- Muir District
- Contra Costa Food Bank, 4010 Nelson Ave., Concord
- Farm Bureau Hall, 5554 Clayton Rd, Concord
- Silverado District
- American Canyon Emergency Food Pantry, 4225 Broadway Ste P, American Canyon
- Calistoga Police Dept., 1235 Washington St., Calistoga
- Napa Food Bank, 1766 Industrial Way., Napa
- St Helena Pantry, 1777 Main St, St Helena
- Benicia City Park, 1100 1st Street, Benicia, near the Gazebo
- Veteran’s Hall, 420 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo
If you miss your local district food pick up on Nov. 16, take food to the Contra Costa Food Bank located at 4010 Nelson Avenue, Concord during their regular hours (M-Th: 7 am to 7 pm; F: 7 am to 3 pm.). Telephone: 925-676-7543. Please tell them that the food is from Scouting for Food and your District name.
Questions: Andrea Knowles; District Executive: firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-674-6156
Scouting for Food is an ongoing annual program of the Boy Scouts of America, begun in 1985 by the Greater Saint Louis Area Council and is organized at the local level throughout the country. The year the Scouts of MDSC and their many supporter will work for the annual “Good Turn” Scouting event in mid-November. We will collect the food for five Bay Area Food Banks. The Food Banks will then distribute the food to families in the form of Holiday Food Baskets.